Sunday, September 9, 2007

unleavened toast and sunday morning coffee

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, I have the distinct impression that I have been in some other place while I slept. This morning I thought that this particular incarnation of myself is a steam engine providing unused energy to those other incarnations of myself, energy to use up for free-er movement in those other places. Sometime I presume, the reverse of this is also true.
If you are instanced in belief which provides for yourself a heaven, you must take into account the particular quality of time which presences you, (a version of time which betrays the fundamental quality of any and all versions of time), that quality of perpetual universality: if you are alive now on earth, you are alive now in heaven, (perhaps dreaming and remembering your present experience).
If you do not have heaven as an option, like bread without leaven, you are flat: two dimensional.
I have an idea of heaven as: the sum total of all your incarnations, equally as you play them out in the eternal present of your perpetuity: thus, you are God of heaven and earth: just as God intended it.
When I wake up on the Sunday morning, I drink a cup of coffee and reflect on as many of the real problems in the world I can get my head around. Every week I cannot underestimate the problem of Iraq, when I prioritize the problems for myself: in this, I hope that some other incarnation of myself may have more power or presence to solve the Iraq problem in the place of that other present: the problems of the world will not be solved until the solutions have been determined; by artificial or natural means, whichever has more presence: they must be thought about first, and enough people have to do the thinking before a transcendent state of mind may come into being.
The New York Times sums up President Bush's solution quite succinctly:

"President Bush, however, seems to be aiming for maximum political advantage — not maximum clarity on Iraq’s military and political crises, which cannot be separated from each other. Mr. Bush, we fear, isn’t looking for the truth, only for ways to confound the public, scare Democrats into dropping their demands for a sound exit strategy, and prolong the war until he leaves office. At times, General Petraeus gives the disturbing impression that he, too, is more focused on the political game in Washington than the unfolding disaster in Iraq. That serves neither American nor Iraqi interests."

Be seeing you.

No comments: